Just a quickie post tonight about a few things that inspired me this week….. My friends over at Nini and the Sea are starting a Weekly Inspiration linky party on Fridays. I just love the pretty things they post, and I can’t help but post some too.
Not long ago, I was inspired by this picture on Nini and the Sea’s blog:
So this week, I was inspired to create this:
I love planting succulents in unusual and unexpected containers. And it’s fun to sneak little surprises into the mix.
Succulents are wonderful for container gardens…. they have shallow root systems, require little water, and look gorgeous.
Want to plant your own? Just follow these simple steps:
1) Choose a funky container. The more unexpected, the better.
2) Fill your container with some pebbles and then 2/3 with cactus potting soil.
3) Add your plants, leaving about 1/2 inch between plants. Try to choose succulents in a variety of colors and sizes. Put the taller plants in the back, and stagger colors for a balanced look.
4) Cover the rest of the plants with either regular potting soil or cactus soil. It’s hard to mess these plants up. Use what you have for the top layer.
5) Cover the top of the soil with sparkly crushed glass, or shells, or even funny little kids toys. Make it uniquely yours.
Change it up every week for fun and inspire those around you to see beauty in the unexpected.
Now it’s time for me to link up with Nini and the Sea, and to sneak off and go quilt a little…
P.S. C’mon, if you haven’t joined the Late Night Quilters Club on Facebook yet…. do it now. It’s where all the cool quilting kids are.