We’re announcing a new deadline for the Supernova Swap Contest!
If you’re feeling bogged down by January and had given up on the idea of finishing your Supernova Quilt in time to enter the contest, think again!
The new deadline to enter is Saturday, February 14th, 2015. On Friday, I will post specific instructions for uploading pictures to FlickR to those of you who are new to it. But keep reading for a few important details.
After talking to so many of the Supernova Swap participants, we realized many of you would appreciate another two weeks to finish things up.
As you can see from the picture below, I’m not quite done either. I still owe Sandra from One Million Stitches a couple of blocks. We are using a line of 1920s inspired fabric by Bari J for Art Gallery, for some super scrappy, brightly colored blocks that I just love. But these things take time, right? You cannot rush art (i.e., I hate deadlines). So…..
Even though I won’t be entering the contest myself, I do hope to have my quilt completed by the new deadline. Sandra and I both were overwhelmed by the holidays, and much to our dismay, we knew we were falling behind (although Sandra has since finished all her blocks and is patiently waiting for me now).
Maybe this is the push you and your partner need to actually finish, and meet your goal!
You can do this!! We all can!
Here’s the link to the Supernova Friendship Block Swap FlickR group. Upload your photos here by midnight on February 14th, 2015. Here are some guidelines for posting:
1) When you upload, please name your entry” Your Name: Finished Quilt Entry” (i.e., Stephanie Palmer – Finished Quilt Entry). Also please write the word, “Single” or “Pair” depending on whether you are entering alone (if your partner didn’t finish) or together.
2) In the description, please include your partner’s name, your fabric, and any other pertinent info you’d like Lee to be aware of when she judges.
3) You can enter more than one photo, if you want her to see the back, or a different angle.
4) Please upload a maximum of 3 photos, all labeled with your name, and the words, “Finished Quilt Entry”.
5) If your partner does not finish her quilt, you can still enter!!
6) If both you and your partner have finished your quilts, and your entry pair is selected, you will both win a prize package. There may be some variations in the prize package due to availability, but they will both have approximately the same value.
7) If only 1 of you has completed your quilt, YOU CAN STILL ENTER! You could still be chosen as the winner (but sadly, your partner can’t).
If you enter by the deadline of February 14th (midnight Eastern Standard time), you will be eligible for the following prize package:
- Copy of the book Vintage Quilt Revival, by Katie Clark Blakesly, Lee Heinrich (Supernova block designer extraordinaire) and Faith Jones
- Copy of the book Quilting Wide Open Spaces, by Judi Madsen
- $50 Gift Certificate from Green Fairy Quilts (*If you live overseas, you will receive $50 gift certificate to a fabric store of your choice)
- An assortment of fat quarters and fabulous notions
The contest for the best overall quilt will be judged by Lee Heinrich, herself. Pretty exciting, isn’t it?
Sandra, Lee and I will announce the winner on our blogs and Instagram (@latenightquilter) and the Late Night Quilters Club on Facebook.
Speaking of the Late Night Quilters’ Club… Can you believe we already have over 2000 members? The group is only 9 months old! And what’s even better, it is honestly the kindest, most supportive group of creative quilters I’ve ever been a part of. Thank you to all of you who make it a rich, supportive, interesting community.
If you still haven’t ordered a Late Night Quilter’s Club button, you still have time. Bust My Button, on Etsy, is making them to order in a 1″ button (perfect for trading and collecting at shows) and a larger 2.25″ button and also a 2.25″ magnet.
Hope to see some of you here in Austin at QuiltCon! It’s just around the corner…
I’m linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Let’s Bee Social.