Why Bother Supporting Indie Designers?
Here are my Top 5 Reasons:
- Buying from indie designers supports creativity and innovation in the market when big companies may be hesitant to back them.
- Pattern purchases help support all the free content offered by your favorite bloggers.
- Many indie designers are often a one man/woman show. So the product you purchase from them not only has their creative heart and soul poured into it, but also the blood, sweat and tears it takes to wear all the hats of a business.
- It’s the right thing to do. Sharing patterns with friends may seem harmless, and like “the friendly thing to do” but it plays a part in making it more difficult for makers to support their families and continue to be creative for our benefit.
- If we want this industry to continue to thrive, we need to support the makers who give us the inspiration to keep making.
Leslie, from The Seasoned Homemaker has developed an adorable applique set. I love small projects that I can make in a day, and this one set for $6 includes several small projects. Leslie also has a new ebook about Applique techniques. This would be a great help to me since I haven’t done that much applique yet.
Nydia Kehnle’s clean lines and use of color are always gorgeous. This pre-printed pillow panel is the perfect way to practice my stitches and will look great on my sofa.
This purchase is a little different. This is a great new 1/4″ thick ruler designed by Kelly Cline for longarmers, but it can be used for domestic quilters who use a free motion ruler foot too! It is small, and will fit nicely in my hand. And what the heck. I’ll get the long skinny one too, because I have a thing for rulers. 🙂
I LOVE this modern quilt design called Beacon by Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl. I am so excited to eventually get to make it.
I hope you’ll join me in supporting the Makers of our community. They really deserve it.
And Please Help Me Choose my Fifth Purchase!! Leave a Comment