As a part of the 2015 New Bloggers Blog Hop, on Saturdays, my co-hosts and I are taking turns writing blog posts with bits of advice for new bloggers.
Today, I’d like to introduce the idea of embedding videos into your blog posts.
As an example, I’m sharing with you a YouTube video by my friend, Melanie Ham, about making an awesome zippered pouch tutorial. If you like quick, simple, how-to sewing tutorials, I highly recommend subscribing to her channel on Youtube. She has a ton of great projects there for your inspiration.
Why Would You Want to Embed a YouTube Video?
1) I have enjoyed watching Youtube videos as I have learned to sew over the years. They’re free, easy to access, short, and intimate — perfect for the self-taught sewist. I love when my friends share videos with me that they have found particularly helpful, and so I have in turn started to try to post more helpful short videos on my blog.
2) By embedding your videos, readers don’t have to leave your blog to view the link you’ve provided.
3) Embedding videos also improves your Search Engine Optimization, hopefully increasing your page views, and increasing the reach of your blog.
How Do You Embed YouTube Videos into Your Blog Posts?
It’s unbelievable easy!
1) Open your browser, and go to the YouTube page that displays your chosen video.
2) On the video’s YouTube page you’ll see the “share” option. It looks like this:
3) Click the “Share” button and select “embed“.
4) Set it to the size 640 x 360.
5) Copy and paste the code into the HTML tab (“text” tab on WordPress) of your blog post.
I hope you find this tip helpful and can add this Blogging How To to your toolbox (have you considered creating a Pinterest tab yet to organize all your blogging advice posts????).
And if you’re not a blogger, and reading this post, I hope you enjoy Melanie’s video and are inspired to make a cute little zippered pouch of your own!
Please check back again on Monday when I share 4 more new bloggers with you that you don’t want to miss!