Today I am very excited to announce the opening of registration for the 5th annual 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop which I will co-host again this year with my talented and lovely quilting friends Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs and Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl. The goal of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is to provide advice, tech help, and introduce new modern quilters to the online community. In fact, it was because we each participated in the 2014 event that Cheryl, Yvonne, and I met.
You can sign up to participate HERE.
2016 New Quilt Bloggers Participation / Sign Up Criteria
The technical criteria to participate in the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is as follows:
- If you have been blogging mainly about modern quilting (modern quilting to you is modern quilting to us.),
- for less than 2 years,
- writing at least 4 posts a month,
- are willing to agree to be actively involved in the blog hop through visiting and commenting on the other blogger’s hop posts,
- and have or are willing to open a Facebook account to participate in the group discussions.
In case you missed it, please indicate your interest in joining by filling out the registration form.
- Note that you will not receive email confirmation until the end of April at the earliest.
- We will accept 100 participants for the program this year. The sign up form will be available until April 30th, 2016, or until we reach 100 participants.
- Participation in the program and blog hop will consist of a significant time commitment. We believe that the more time you can dedicate to the blog hop, the more you will get out of it.
- This program is completely free to qualifying bloggers.
End of April / Early May: Welcome participants via E-mail and get everyone into the Closed Facebook group.
May: Get to know one another through a series of weekly planned prompts through the Facebook group.
May: Optional structured blog critique groups will be conducted.
June: First half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
July: Second half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
Looking for Ways to Participate?
If you are an alumni or blogger who has been active for longer than 2 years, we would love to have you share this information so that as many new bloggers can be exposed to this opportunity as possible. We would also love to grow our list of Advice for New Bloggers posts. If you have previously written something or would like to write a post that we can link to about anything you wish you had known earlier in your blogging adventure, please contact myself, Cheryl, or Stephanie by leaving a comment on either of our blogs or emailing us for further details.
Thank you to our Sponsors!